Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is there a way to send emails to multiple email addresses from a single contact record in ACT?

Is there a way to send emails to multiple email addresses from a single contact record in ACT?

Hi --

We are on ACT! 2011 and want to know if there is a way that  will allow us to send emails to multiple email addresses from a single contact record in ACT?  Creating a duplicate record to add an address is not an option as it makes more unnecessary addresses in ACT, and we need the entire client history under one contact.

I don't think there is a way without an add-in (and if so...any one that people would recommend?) but wanted to verify.

Thanks, 

greg

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Is there a way to send emails to multiple email addresses from a single contact record in ACT?

Hello Greg,
Welcome to the ACT! Community!

If you are looking to use functions such as 'mail merge' or clicking the Email button, they will only pull from the main email address field. There are no options within the program to change that behavior.

You can have multiple email address fields on the contact record, which you can click to initiate an email to that particular address, but they will not be automatically included when sending an email to the main address field.

There may be an add-on that will do it, but I'm not aware of one.
Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Is there a way to send emails to multiple email addresses from a single contact record in ACT?

Thanks Greg.  I'll clarify a bit -- I'm more a mouthpiece (and Systems type) than user - I help the users out at a company.  I know enough to be dangerous, but....having said that, I know it's not a mail merge question, but the fact that all the addresses for a single contact are not included when sending email.  I help out at a Financial Planning firm, and each individual conact record has all the history for their clients, but it may have multiple emails for a particular client (husband/wife, work/home, combo...).  This would really be a great feature to have, especially for this type of client.

Thanks a bunch for the quick reply.

greg