Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is there a way to differentiate a cleared task that is "To Do-Done" from "To Do-Not Done"?

Is there a way to differentiate a cleared task that is "To Do-Done" from "To Do-Not Done"?

I sometimes want to clear a task as not done rather than roll it over with the intention of combing back to it if there's time at a later date. If I clear it as "not done" it looks exactly the same as if I clear it as "done."

Is there any way to differentiate these two cleared designations?

Thank you in advance for any assistance given.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Is there a way to differentiate a cleared task that is "To Do-Done" from "To Do-Not Done"?

Hello levpromotions,
The only way I can think to do this is to edit the task before you clear it, changing the color at the bottom of the edit screen. Use one color for done, and another for not done. Then save it, then clear it.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Is there a way to differentiate a cleared task that is "To Do-Done" from "To Do-Not Done"?

Thanks for that. I've been doing it, but it's a pain when the task is a recurring one. For some reason, when I edit a recurring task and then clear it, I end up having a duplicate of that task from before it was edited.

Bronze Contributor

Hello levpromot,

Unless I'm missing something in your question, you can select the history to show what you want.

Under types, you can uncheck every box except To Do and Not Completed.  That should then give you a list of the not completed tasks for that contact.

If you are looking for a report, then one of the gurus who specializes in report writing can possibly answer that.

Hope that helps.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013

Thanks for your answer. Unless I'm missing something, it seems to me that I can either do this on a contact by contact basis or on a date by date basis as a report.

I guess I'm wondering why it isn't as simple as a lookup option or, if I look it up under the task list view, to simply have the not done's crossed out in a different color than the done's.