Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is there a way to create an activity series based on an email sent or specific drop-down category?

Mo
Copper Contributor

Is there a way to create an activity series based on an email sent or specific drop-down category?

For example, suppose I send a prospect the first in a series of pre-defined emails. When I send out the initial email which is recorded under the History tab, is it possible for ACT, based on the subject (i.e. hello 1), to recognize the series and schedule the rest of the activities? On the same note, is it possible to schedule an activity series based on a specific pull-down group like "last results/hello 1 sent" or "welcome 1 sent" which would then immediately trigger the correct series without me having to set-up a generic trigger link and manually select the appropriate series? TIA
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Is there a way to create an activity series based on an email sent or specific drop-down categor

The only trigger available for an activity series is for a particular field action. If you go to Tools/Define Fields and edit any field, you will have the option to create triggers, one of which to launch an Activity Series. This only applies to manual fields, not to system fields. The field actions you have available for the trigger are entering the field, leaving the field, or changing the value in the field.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Mo
Copper Contributor

Re: Is there a way to create an activity series based on an email sent ...

Hi Greig,

I am afraid I knew that. I was hoping that perhaps I missed a workaround.

Thanks anyway.

Mo

Platinum Elite Contributor

There may be a third party add-on product that provides more advanced field management. Visit these sites to search for add-ons:

http://sagepss.com

http://actaddons.com

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Mo
Copper Contributor

Great. Many thanks!
Nickel Elite Contributor

For example, suppose I send a prospect the first in a series of pre-defined emails. When I send out the initial email which is recorded under the History tab, is it possible for ACT, based on the subject (i.e. hello 1), to recognize the series and schedule the rest of the activities?

Make the first step *the* email you are sending.  That would trigger the series.  Multiple series would start with there own specific email.

On the same note, is it possible to schedule an activity series based on a specific pull-down group like "last results/hello 1 sent" or "welcome 1 sent" which would then immediately trigger the correct series without me having to set-up a generic trigger link and manually select the appropriate series? TIA

Yes, this is very do-able.  There is an add-on in ACT that allows scripting.  The script runs based on something happening, such as a field change.  Then, the script captures the value of the field, and depending on that value, starts the appropriate series.

Please feel free to email me if you want more info @ rbrdatasolutions@gmail.com

Hope this helps!

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com
Mo
Copper Contributor

Hi Richard,

Simple but brilliant. I'll email you regarding the scripting piece. Many thanks!

Mo

Tuned Listener

Re: Is there a way to create an activity series based on an email sent or specific drop-down categor

Mo, have you looked at Northwoods Sales Automation Bundle.  The Sales Automation Manager (SAM) is pretty powerful.  You create a series of events based on conditions that must be met. 

It takes some time learning, but for me it seems like it has unlimited uses for automating taskings.  It could automate letters, faxes, email series, etc...

Good luck

Russelltw

Mo
Copper Contributor

Yes I have looked into Nortwoods and even watched their video but the learning curve seemed so steep my eyes glazed over. Powerful tool though. I may look again.  Many thanks Russelltw!