Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is there a way to create a group of companies as oppossed to contacts

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Is there a way to create a group of companies as oppossed to contacts

I am trying to set up filters to manage acconunts AKA companies. i would like to be able to group companies by specific criteria. is there such a way?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author johngies
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Is there a way to create a group of companies as oppossed to contacts

You could use one of the "user #" fields.  Change the name to whatever you want to call it and create the sub groups you want to use in that field in the drop-down list.  You can then do a look-up in that field to get the sub groups you want.  I have done this to most of the "user" fields for things like creating a sub-group for demo trips, what a company makes, an action plan, and others.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Silver Contributor

Although you can create dynamic groups of contacts based on the companies, you can not create groups based upon information in the ACT company entity (company view).  Groups can only be made based on Contacts or Contact Opportunities.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Solution
Accepted by topic author johngies
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

You could use one of the "user #" fields.  Change the name to whatever you want to call it and create the sub groups you want to use in that field in the drop-down list.  You can then do a look-up in that field to get the sub groups you want.  I have done this to most of the "user" fields for things like creating a sub-group for demo trips, what a company makes, an action plan, and others.