Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is there a way to change the default date range in Reports > Contact Report > Notes?

Is there a way to change the default date range in Reports > Contact Report > Notes?

On the Define Filters window > Note tab, the Date Range is by default "Current Month."  How can I change the default to "All"?

Also, in the resulting report, is there any way to force the report to display the most recent notes first not the oldest?

Many thanks for any help!

Nick

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Is there a way to change the default date range in Reports > Contact Report > Notes?

Yes -

In the report editor Click on Edit and define Filters. Click on the notes tab and change the date Range to what you want and then save.

Next Click change from Contact Report Main to Contacts Notes - Click on Edit again and this time select Define Sections

Highlight Section 1 and on the right it will show a highlighted date field and at the bottom will show sorting as Ascending. Change this to Descending.

Now save and run the report..

Re: Is there a way to change the default date range in Reports > Contact Report > Notes?

Half way solved (is there a half kudo available?).  I've got the notes displaying with most current at the top, thanks for that!  

What I've discovered, and I'm not sure if it's always been this way on my end, but if I generate a Contact Report on a lookup of ten people, for example, and only five of them have any Notes, the Report will only include those five people with Notes in their record.  I'd like to include everyone in the Current Lookup, regardless of whether we have ever entered any Notes into their record.  By the way, that's the radio button I have filled in, "Current Lookup."  And if I uncheck the Notes box then I get no results.  Perhaps I'm not fully aware how this feature works.

So what I'd like to do is create a contact report on a group of people that includes all the notes on each person, and includes everyone in the lookup regardless of whether they have any notes in their record. Is this possible?

Platinum Elite Contributor

The report is working as designed. You need to open the report for editing and change the Detail Section Hide on Empty Subreports property to No.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129