Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is there a way to AUTOMATICALLY have Act Pull Emails from Outlook?

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Is there a way to AUTOMATICALLY have Act Pull Emails from Outlook?

[ Edited ]

Hello!

When emails come into Outlook from one of my contacts, is there a way to have Act automatically attach that email to the contact? (I wouldn't want ALL emails that come into Outlook to be added, of course... just those for which there is an existing contact.)  Is this what synchronization is all about, or no? I'm not a new Act user, but this feature is new to me. And, likewise, when I want to reply to an email that a contact sent me, I want his previous text included, which is what happens when I simply reply to an email in Outlook, But when I send an email from Act to an contact, the previous email that the contact sent isn't included (like when you hit REPLY to someone's email.) So... using Outlook (2010), when I reply to an email from a contact, will that reply be attached to the contact to whom I'm sending it? More simply put, when I use Outlook to send emails to contacts that are in Act, will those emails be attached to the contact in Act?

Thanks so much!

P.S. I'm using Act Pro 2012.  Outlook 2010. Vista. :-)

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author drewwhitman
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Is there a way to AUTOMATICALLY have Act Pull Emails from Outlook?

Yes, this can be done.  Outgoing emails are attached via the Preferences setting(s) in ACT!  Incoming emails are actually done via an Outlook rule.

See this:

How To Use Outlook® Rules To Attach E-mails To Contact History In ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) and Newer

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author drewwhitman
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Yes, this can be done.  Outgoing emails are attached via the Preferences setting(s) in ACT!  Incoming emails are actually done via an Outlook rule.

See this:

How To Use Outlook® Rules To Attach E-mails To Contact History In ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) and Newer

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com
Bronze Super Contributor

Just be mindful that depending that upon your version of Outlook, ACT! and the volume of emails being processed, setting up the rule for auto attach can make Outlook unhappy.

Copper Contributor

Thanks so much... I set it up... let's see how it works now. I appreciate your help!

Copper Contributor

Thanks Scott... I'll keep an eye out for any issues!