Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is there a way customer sign ups on our website can be automatically added to ACT?

Accepted Solution Solved
Skilled Commentator
Accepted Solution

Is there a way customer sign ups on our website can be automatically added to ACT?

Hi, is there a way code or something can be added to our website so that when a new customer puts there details into our website it automatically adds it to our ACT database?  So it will be completely automated.  At the moment we get the details from our site and put them into ACT manually, which of course takes forever! Is there a add on program or anything that can do this automatically?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author scott hunt
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Is there a way customer sign ups on our website can be automatically added to ACT?

Scott, I've just been told the developers of the products I mentioned are looking at a "Starter Edition" at a reduced price that might work for you.

Give me a call late Monday and I might have some more details

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: Is there a way customer sign ups on our website can be automatically added to ACT?

Sure... there are lots of ways, depending on the type of site, how it stores and sends the data and the types of data you want brought into ACT!

The best suggestion is that you speak to a local ACT! consultant to see which is bet for you.

Skilled Commentator

Great thanks for that!  So it's not as simple as just code to the fields on my website? Are there instructions on how to do it for my web site developer to do it for me?  Or is it something that only an ACT consultant would be able to do?

You're in Australia?

Give me a call via the numbers on http://www.glcomputing.com.au/contact.php 

We don't sell to end-users, but I can put you in the right direction

Bronze Super Contributor

Scott,

Have a look at http://www.egrabber.com/wrgbiz/index.html.  Email-Lead Grabber could be what you're looking for.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

I spoke to Scott and suggested a combination of: itFetch and itImport Basic

Should do the task a bit more cheaply and with some additional flexibility.

Skilled Commentator

Thanks for the chat and the help before Mike, your program will definetely do what I'm looking for. As will Egrabber I think. However as a small business it's a lot more expensive than I thought it would be! We only have a dozen or so basic forms a week to enter. I thought like a lot of add on programs i might be a couple of hundred. Is there a more cost effective way to do what I'm after?
Employee

Part of the Swiftpage service is the abilty to have a form on your website and for that form to automatically add the new contact to ACT.
Solution
Accepted by topic author scott hunt
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Scott, I've just been told the developers of the products I mentioned are looking at a "Starter Edition" at a reduced price that might work for you.

Give me a call late Monday and I might have some more details

Skilled Commentator

Bobogdon, yes I already use swiftpage and that's a good idea, and a lot cheaer, only problem is the form doesn't look like part of my website so I think potential clients would be wary about filling it out.

Thanks Mike I'll call you Mon