Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is it time to withdraw ACT2010 from the market?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Is it time to withdraw ACT2010 from the market?

Well, the system requirements do list the versions of Outlook that are supported with each version of ACT!.

But, yes... we're all waiting the official word on if/when ACT! 2010 will support Outlook 2010.
Tuned Listener

@GLComputing wrote:
Well, the system requirements do list the versions of Outlook that are supported with each version of ACT!.

Well, just checking back on the status of this important issue and your comment prompted me to review the ACT2010 pack label, where it says:

'Works with Microsoft Office 2002/XP and all later Editions'

(My highlighting and no other qualifications visible. Incidentally, it also says 'Please ensure that the latest Microsoft updates are installed' - so that would include eg Outlook 2010 - right?)

That's a fairly unambiguous statement. Of course somewhere else in the ACT sales marketing documentation it might say something different, but (i) how many places is one supposed to check to see if they all agree with one another; (ii) a web page offers endless scope for rewriting history - who's to say what a given page might have said last month / last week or even yesterday.

Bottom line is that there's nothing on the pack to indicate that compatibility stopped at Outlook 2007.

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Interesting... I use http://www.act.com/2010/system/act/ - which is explicit.

I don't have a box... and, as this would be different in each country and you're in the UK, I'd suggest that whoever printed the box screwed up and that you should contact your local office.

You may have a case for a free upgrade to 2011 when it's available if Sage aren't patching 2010