Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is it possible to move an ACT! 18 database to ACT! 17?

Copper Super Contributor

Is it possible to move an ACT! 18 database to ACT! 17?

Hello, I have an ACT! 18 database that I need to use in ACT! 17.  Is that possible?

Thanks.

Leanne Evans

Thanks!

Leanne Evans
sosoftsol@gmail.com
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Is it possible to move an ACT! 18 database to ACT! 17?

I think... The problem is not in the Act! version - but yes in the SQL Server version...

I suggest  try before you install or uninstall

You can install V17 trial version on a computer... do a database backup on the computer that has V18... And restore this backup on the computer that has the Act! V17 Trial.....

If you do not have another computer to Try...  You can virtualize a computer with VMware Player.

Best regards,

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com
Copper Super Contributor

Thanks for your quick reply.  This is the error message I get when I attempt to restore.restore error.JPG

Thanks!

Leanne Evans
sosoftsol@gmail.com
Platinum Elite Contributor

You can't move a later version of the ACT! database to an earlier version on the ACT! program.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Contributor

Taking a step back, give consideration to what information is needed from V18? Do you need just basic information such as Company, Name, Address, Zip, etc.? If so, export the database in a flat file into Excel and then import it into V17. What you will not get is history. To see if this works, first make a backup. Once the backup is done, Go to File // Export // Text Delimited ... enter the location for the file and create a name for the file ... next Select Contact Records & All Records // Next // Comma Delimited // Yes Export Field Names // next Once you finish the export, open the CSV file and see what was exported. If that meets your needs, then that is the easiest way to move data into a different version. Hope this helps.
John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Platinum Elite Contributor