Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is it possible to lock the receiving linked field

Accepted Solution Solved
Bronze Contributor
Accepted Solution

Is it possible to lock the receiving linked field

The ID/Status field in companies is linked to ID/Status field in contacts.

Is it possible to lock the ID/Status field in contacts so that no entry can be made manually and only from the companies ID/Status?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jnpurdy
‎08-22-2017 06:53 AM

Re: Is it possible to lock the receiving linked field

Hi jnpurdy,

I tested to see if there was a way that the field could be locked by applying read only permissions, doing this appears to prevent the 'Update linked fields' option from working for Id/Status. 

A potential option maybe for a single admin or a user to have write permissions to the field. however this would mean that only they would be able to update linked fields since only they would have rights to that field.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author jnpurdy
‎08-22-2017 06:53 AM

Hi jnpurdy,

I tested to see if there was a way that the field could be locked by applying read only permissions, doing this appears to prevent the 'Update linked fields' option from working for Id/Status. 

A potential option maybe for a single admin or a user to have write permissions to the field. however this would mean that only they would be able to update linked fields since only they would have rights to that field.

Bronze Contributor

You pretty much validated my testing as well.  Maybe future releases of ACT will restrict updates from one way or the other. 

Not sure how I want to write that request, but will give it a try over the weekend.

Thanks for your response.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit