Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is it possible to group an opportunity report by date (month)?

Is it possible to group an opportunity report by date (month)?

I've managed to create an opportunity report that lists all open opportunities, sorts them by expected close date and gives me a weighted total for the lot.

What I'd like to be able to do is group the results into the month of the expected close date and get a sub-total for that month. 

The idea is to predict the likely income (based on a weighted total) for each month of the coming year going forward.

Is this possible? I can't find a way to group by date.

Many thanks

-darrell 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Is it possible to group an opportunity report by date (month)?

You're not wanting to group by date but by the month and that can't be done. You can group by date but it groups by the whole date, not the selectively by the month. However you can get totals by months using scripting to accululate the totals. In fact, ACT! 2010 has a report I wrote called Opportunities by Estimated Closing Month that does just what you want.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Yes, you are correct. I actually want to group things by a date range (month) rather than a specific date (day).

Can you point me at some reference to get started scripting in reports. I probably know enough VB to do what I want, but have no idea about the intergration with ACT! reports.

Better still, are you able to share the report you've written? Or some other similar example.

Many thanks

-darrell 

There isn't any definitive information regarding integrating scripting in the ACT! reports. I likely know about as much as anybody and what I learned was mostly through experimentation through working with the ACT! reports during the last 4-years.

While I do sell a package of custom reports, the new ACT! 2010 reports are not part of that package. The easiest way for you to get the report that you want is to upgrade to ACT! 2010. As a point of interest, it took me about 5-hours to build that report template for ACT! 2010.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks Roy, I actually managed to solve this by cheating.

I downloaded the Sage 2010 Trial, had a look at how the form was constructed and used that info to create a new form for my needs.

Thanks anyway.

I am trying to do the same thing.  I am building a report to forecast sales by stage and have the totals, and weighted totals pull into a summary for each month.  However, for some reason the totals are not filling in to the months.  I am trying to edit it to create a sum from a date range Jan1-Jan 31st and I have no idea on how to type in any formula to do it?  Can you help?

Thanks,

Anne

It's more tha just a formula, it's how the entire report is constructed

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129