Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is There Any Way To Display An Advanced Lookup Criteria

Accepted Solution Solved
Bronze Contributor
Accepted Solution

Is There Any Way To Display An Advanced Lookup Criteria

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out why some contacts are included in an advanced lookup. 

Is there any way to print out an advanced lookup criteria when the number of lines exceeds the window? 

I looked in Actdiag, but maybe I looked in the wrong place.

Many thanks,

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jnpurdy
‎05-23-2017 12:32 PM
Administrator

Re: Is There Any Way To Display An Advanced Lookup Criteria

Hi John,

Not that I'm aware of.

It is possible to save the query as a .QRY file. This could then be opened in any text editor program, preferably one with syntax highlighting (like Notepad++) as the containing XML could be a bit hard to read and decipher without it. Here's a quick guide to reading the XML:

• Each line in the advanced lookup is represented by one of these <criteriaItem> blocks.
  • They contain more information that you see in the quiery builder, such as internal IDs and names. These can be ignored. I've highlighted the useful tags in the example below:

notepad++_2017-05-23_10-58-06.png

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author jnpurdy
‎05-23-2017 12:32 PM
Administrator

Re: Is There Any Way To Display An Advanced Lookup Criteria

Hi John,

Not that I'm aware of.

It is possible to save the query as a .QRY file. This could then be opened in any text editor program, preferably one with syntax highlighting (like Notepad++) as the containing XML could be a bit hard to read and decipher without it. Here's a quick guide to reading the XML:

• Each line in the advanced lookup is represented by one of these <criteriaItem> blocks.
  • They contain more information that you see in the quiery builder, such as internal IDs and names. These can be ignored. I've highlighted the useful tags in the example below:

notepad++_2017-05-23_10-58-06.png