Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is SBS2003 R2 supported

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Is SBS2003 R2 supported

I've checked all the posts and have not seen a question concerning SBS2003 R2.  I know that the system requirments for ACT!2008 is supported using SBS2003 SP2 so then I would assume that since I have not seen that SBS2003 R2 is NOT supported that it would be supported.  Can anyone give me a specific Yes or No on this?  I have a client that told me his IT guy called support and said that it is not supported and now ofcourse since installing ACT on his SBS2003 R2 and getting a krnl32.exe error (blowing up his server) he is not a happy guy.  I have not seen anywhere that Sage has said that R2 is not supported.
Steve Atkins
Everything In Life Comes Full Circle

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author sratkins
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Is SBS2003 R2 supported

Yes, ACT! 2007-2009.

R2 is basically a rollup of Service Pack 1 and some features.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

With ACT! 2009, the requirements page seems to indicate SBS SP2 is supported - http://www.act.com/2009/system/

What's the exact error and when does it occur?

Tuned Listener

After installing ACT2008 on the server then re-booting, the server would not boot up.  It gave the error that it could not find the ntoskrnl32.exe file.  Of course they had to do a total install of the server after this. 

The issue is that their IT guy was told by ACT support that ACT cannot be installed on a server because of the version R2.  I talked to support and they told me that because it is not on the list of NOT being supported that it IS supported.  I also noticed that they did not have any anti virus software on the server and I also found out that  this was the first reboot after they had a power outage a few weeks earlier.

I was able to get it on the workstations and now the Parent database is on one of the workstations but the other users are not able to log into the database.  All the shares and security are set to allow them to get to it but when trying to log in they get the error that says the path cannot be found.

Steve Atkins
Everything In Life Comes Full Circle

Just wondering if this helps - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/124550/en-us

I don't think there is a list of what is NOT supported... just a list of the supported platforms. As R2 is listed forACT! 2009, might be worth looking at an upgrade?

What's the exact error regarding the path?
What PAD file are they using

Can you open the PAD in notepad and post the contents?
Are the workstations using a local PAD file or opening the PAD file from the machine with the database?

SBS2003 R2 is supported.

David, it's listed as supported for 2009... was it also supported for 2008?

just thought I'd check as the 2008 sysreq page just re-directs to 2009 now.

Solution
Accepted by topic author sratkins
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Yes, ACT! 2007-2009.

R2 is basically a rollup of Service Pack 1 and some features.