Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is It Possible To Create A Separate History?

Bronze Contributor

Is It Possible To Create A Separate History?

Act2010

Here's what I want to do.  I have multiple meetings with a customer and take notes.  I would like to create a tab called "Meeting Notes" and then use a "Note" type of field to enter the notes.  I would then like the history of those notes to be listed seperately from the normal history tab.  I would be just as happy to allow a link to Microsoft's One Note for this as well.

Is there any way that can be done?

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Is It Possible To Create A Separate History?

Yes, that would be done with a custom table. While it's a native capability of the ACT! premium version and can be done through SDK programming you would want get one of the addons that does the heavy lifting and you just need to define the fields you want in the table.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Contributor

Roy, thanks for the reply.  That is what I suspected.  You mentioned ACT Premium.  What about ACT Standard?  And if it work with Standard, which addon would you recommend?
John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Platinum Elite Contributor

I can't find any specific information regarding whether  custom tables is restricted to ACT! premium of not. There are several plugins to provide the interface for custom tables. I recently had occasion to check out three of them and decided that Topline Designer was the one I preferred. Here is their URL. 

You can download a trial for 30-days.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129