Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is ACT for me?

Is ACT for me?

First, let it be known that I am older than all of you and grew up with the  "write it down, type it up" way of life. i.e. Computer illiterate!

Even though I have worked all my life, I have, except for a brief time, not needed to computerize my work.

I am an inside salesman and in doing my work, I must record some limited information to which I can refer in days, weeks or months down the road. I have the info paper now and must enter it all...UG!

Thinds I need to enter are:

Business Name
Contact
Address
Phone
Web site

plus  a field where I can write my notes regarding the conversation.

I also need the capacity to recall this information by placing it in some sort of Calendar that will pop up in the future. Called today, recall in 6 weeks, six days or whatever.

Five or six years ago, I worked for a short time for a company that had some kind of a large business program but the part of that progran used by the Inside Sales  force was just as above. I don't think I ever knew what it was but someone told me that ACT might be what I need.

Whatever I find will need to be quite simple and, since I am the only use to use it, quite inexpensive. Perhaps an old version? It will be out of my pocket, and if too technically advanced, I'll never be able to afford it or figure it out.

Any help will be appreciated.;
MEB

Re: Is ACT for me?

I have been using ACT for 5 years. It will easily do what you require, schedu;le calls / appts, maintain notes and histories and easily help you plan your call schedule. IT is easy to use. Mike

Hi, thanks for your assessment, I can buy Act, an older cersion for $39.95, seems like a good deal. What version do you have?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Yes, ACT! will do everything you need... those functions are it's core.

If buying an older version, do not get 2005 (7.0) or 2006 (8.0) ... they were slow and had some issues.
The older 6.0 would do everything you need, as would 9.0 or 10.0

You would probably find you get a better Return On Investment if you spend a little bit and attend a basic 4hr training course to get you started... or get the ACT! for Dummies book for the version of ACT! you get