Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is ACT Pro v16 compatible with windows 8.1 OS on surface 3

Is ACT Pro v16 compatible with windows 8.1 OS on surface 3

I am a new user and have tried to install ACT Prov16 onto my surface 3 with windows 8.1 OS. As the install begins I see that all the files are being written to e: drive. my PC does not have an e: drive. after the install is completed i get an error message stating / The "(local)" computer could not be reached because IP address "" could not be resolved.../ When I try to launch my SQLServer (ACT7) Service I get the following error messages. I'm not installing anything on Drive letter E: but I keep getting this message and the service won't start. 2015-05-06 15:06:59.37 spid6s FileMgr:: StartLogFiles: Operating system error 2(The system cannot find the file specified.) occurred while creating or opening file 'e:\sql10_main_t.obj.x86fre\sql\mkmastr\databases\objfre\i386\MSDBLog.ldf'. Diagnose and correct the operating system error, and retry the operation. 2015-05-06 15:06:59.37 spid6s FCB:: Open failed: Could not open file e:\sql10_main_t.obj.x86fre\sql\mkmastr\databases\objfre\i386\MSDBData.mdf for file number 1. OS error: 3(The system cannot find the path specified.). Any help would be appreciated Jerry

Silver Contributor

Re: Is ACT Pro v16 compatible with windows 8.1 OS on surface 3

It should work on that device (some have reported issues with high res monitor settings) and the operating system is compatible.

HOWEVER, from the sounds of your errror messages, something else is going on.  It would be hard to diagnose that with that info only.

It does seem it failed during the SQL install.

Sorry to not be of more help, but the device SHOULD work.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Jon,

thanks for the reply.

it appears when i load the disk it is copying files to drive e:, but i do not have a drive e:.  i have the standard configuration where my program files are located on drive c;.  the ACT folder is in c: drive.

is there any way to cahnge the config so the files do not get sent to the e: directory?

extracting files.png

SQL message.png

i do not know if this is standard for ACT to install to the e: drive or not.  i purhcased this copy from a local Office Depot and it does not state on the box that it is for a server. 

any additional thoughts??

Jerry

Silver Contributor

it's not loading the program at this point, just extracting the installer. Usualy it puts it at the root of C

my only other sugestion would be to extract the files on another computer and them move the extracted files to your new computer. or just run the installer accross your network

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider