Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is ACT! 2009 compatible with Windows 7?

Is ACT! 2009 compatible with Windows 7?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am not sure how to post a new question, but since it's related to -this- quesrion, I'll ask:

I'm trying to "restore as" on my Windows 7 computer. I have Act 2009 (ver. 11.0.0.347).

I've transferred the backup from a Windows XP computer, and the file "un-zipped" just fine.

When I tried to open the database, I received a message saying:

"This database has been updated to work with a more current version oc ACT!. You must update....check for updates now?"

I click "yes" and eventually a box appears near my tray icons saying downloads are avaiable.

When I click on the box (to download the updates), I am told that I must be logged in as a "Windows Administrator".

I got on the phone with HP (it's a new HP computer) and they verified that I was. in fact, the administrator...

They also said ha the problem was "ACT!", not the computer.

I am hoping (and praying) that there is a way to resolve this problem...and I'm reaching out for any thread of help there is.

ACT is vital to my business, but I cannot afford to buy an upgrade.

I would be grateful for -any- help that can be provided!

Peace,

K8ch (Keith)

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Is ACT! 2009 compatible with Windows 7?

[ Edited ]

Hello Keith,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! User Community. While ACT! 2009 has not been certified for Windows 7, we have not had any significant issues. The issue you are having when trying to update is caused by User Account Control (UAC) in Windows 7. To resolve, close ACT!, then reopen it by right-clicking on the program icon and selecting Run As Administrator, then try applying the update. You may also want to disable UAC to prevent other access/permissions issues (not just with ACT!). Instructions are in this Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2566...

Also, to create a new topic, click New Message in the upper left of the message listing for the board. I have gone ahead and created this new thread for your question.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.