Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Iphone / Outlook emails not attaching to contacts

Iphone / Outlook emails not attaching to contacts

We recently changed to Iphones for the company.  Our Outlook /Exchange is working fine for the phones, but any emails that are going into the sent box in Outlook are not attaching to the respective contacts.  Emails sent thru Outlook normally ARE attaching.  The Iphone emails are not showing as unattached in the Outlook Service queue, and no error messages are showing in the History Queue folder for these particular emails.  Any ideas???

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Iphone / Outlook emails not attaching to contacts

Because the emails are not sent by Outlook.

If you want email on the iPhone to be recorded in ACT!'s History, Handheld Contact will do that

Interesting....  previous experience with Blackberrys fucntioned ocrrectly, with history created when Blackberry sent emails.  Please explain why a Blackberry, functioning same as the Iphone in relation to Outlook, would create history and an Iphone wouldn't

so the BB - working thru BB Enterpriste will put a history into ACT thru outlook for an email but not for an Iphone. I'm not interested in syncing our phones to ACT - it's not necessary. But the functionality of the BB putting histories into ACT does not work with an Iphone. The message goes into the sent files but not into history. Does anyone have any more detailed information?

I have a BB (with BES) and can't replicate the History being created ... I can't see how it would.

If you find one of those old hist items, does it say "email Sent" or "Email Attached"