Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Invoicing with ACT and Sage Instant Accounts

Invoicing with ACT and Sage Instant Accounts

We use ACT Pro 2011, with which I am quite familiar, and have just started to use Sage Instant Accounts, which I have never used before. I've just about got used to adding products and creating invoices...

We have the two programmes linked, so that we can create quotes and invoices within ACT, which are linked to the Contact's record.

Not all of our Contacts are attached to a Company, as we deal directly with members of the public as well as to businesses. So my query is, is there a way to create an invoice for a Contact who is not attached to a Company?  (Normally, I would create a link from the Company to the accounts package, but I'm not able to do this for a Contact who is not attached to a Company).

I hope this makes sense! Thanks in advance!

(Hopefully I've posted this in the right place, many apologies if I haven't or if it has already been covered elsewhere, I did do a search but couldn't see anything...)

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Invoicing with ACT and Sage Instant Accounts

Hello Proadventure,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

To clarify your question: you want to print an invoice in Instant Accounts for a contact in Act! that is not linked to Instant Accounts?

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Sage Instant Accounts nor it's interface with Sage Act! and can't give a definite answer (I would expect not).  To see if this functionality exists you may want to contact the support group in the UK, their contact information can be found at this web site: Sage Instant Accounts.

Note: Quotes can be printed from within Act! using the Opportunities function.  When viewing an Opportunity, click on Opportunities menu > select Create Quote.

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Invoicing with ACT and Sage Instant Accounts

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your reply!

When invoicing from ACT, it is oly possible to create an invoice to a Company, not to a Contact personally. So, as we deal with members of the public directly as well as b2b, I need to find a way to raise an invoice to a Contact who is not linked to a Company. The way I've got around this for the moment is to create a record for the Contact, and also to create a Company with the Contact's name, to which I can link the Contact, in order to create the invoice.

I'm hoping there is going to be an easier way to do it though, so I'll check out the link you provided to the other board.

Thank you!