Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Invoicing Report

Invoicing Report

Hi all,

First time poster, here. I've read through the forums on Invoicing and I am afraid that this post from Roy:

http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=ACT&message.id=10980&query.id=55594#M10980

indicates that I CANNOT do what I'd like. But I'm asking to be sure.

We do legal document prep. And our Invoices involve a list of products to one Co. per Opportunity. And a Subtotal. That's all.

We've been using the Exponenciel -> Excel method. But This involves a two step process for reprinting invoices/record keeping.

I'd like it all to happen in ACT!

Again, it might not be possible, and I might have to go to Crystal (which I've used before but not with ACT!).

Let me boil it down to one question: Just now I was able to make an "Invoice" for one Opportunity. I had to Point ACT! to the opportunity by narrowing the Contact and Date parameters.

But the result is ACT takes my one-page invoice report Template and reproduces it for EACH product.

Is it possible to have different "Products" in the Template point to separate products in the database?

I know I'm all over the place, here, but I have seen a lot of genuine help doled out, so please let me know if I can be more specific.

Thanks in advance,

Bill 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Invoicing Report

If I understand correctly what you want to do, you've got a mutually exclusive situation with the ACT! reports. The ACT! reports only permit one level of subreports and an opportunity based report can't be limited to a lookup of contacts. So if you make the report a contact based report, you can add a subreport for opportunities but you can't show product detail because the product detail would require a separate subreport within the opportunity subreport. 

If you want to discuss this further, contact me offline or send a private message. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks Roy,

I assumed that by "private message" you meant an email to the address in your sig? If I am missing something, please feel free to let me know. I've updated my profile.

Bill 

Platinum Elite Contributor

You can do that or you can click on my picture and on the right side of the screen is an option to send a private message.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy,

I sent you an email at techbenders with the Excel format we now use attached.

Bill