Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Invisible Display

Invisible Display

I have ACT 2010. Up until today, I have had no problems with the program. However, this afternoon, when I clicked on the program icon, ACT began its usual start up staging including uploading the database. Then, nothing. It did not appear at all. The icon shows the program as running but nothing shows on the screen.

I tried restarting. Nothing changed. I then tried to reinstall the program. Nothing changed. I tried to uninstall ACT. That didn't happen either - something about a lethal error or some such nonsense.

What gives?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Invisible Display

Does it show in the Task Bar as the bottom of the screen?

Do you ever have a 2nd screen connected?

Thanks for getting back to me.

The ACT icon does show in the Task Bar at the bottom of the screen and, yes, I do have a 2nd screen connected.

I have had the 2nd screen disconnected for a few days but have it reconnected now. I tried disconnecting again and ensure my settings allow for only 1 screen but nothing changed.

I know ACT is working because I got my automatic rollover message this morning as well. Still, once the start-up has been completed and the contacts are loaded, it still does not appear on the screen.

What do you suggest?

Thanks,

H

Silver Contributor

Use ALT+TAB until ACT is selected.

then use ALT+SPACE

this should pop up a window with the option to maximize the view.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Hi Jon,

It worked. I am tryly grateful.

- Henry Vroom