Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Invalid recurrence pattern. Retrieval of named days excepts day type of Named. Actual value was none ERROR

Invalid recurrence pattern. Retrieval of named days excepts day type of Named. Actual value was none ERROR

I get this error when I want to open a databases contacts.  Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

Re: Invalid recurrence pattern. Retrieval of named days excepts day type of Named. Actual value was none ERROR

Usually when I see this error it is because of an invalid entry for Google Integration.  Since this is happening when trying to view contacts, though, I have some questions:

What version of Windows do you run?

What version of Act! do you run?

Is it happening on any database?

Is it happening on all contacts?

What are you clicking on right before this error comes up?

Have you tried running database mainenance?  Tools>Database Maintenance>Check and Repair

If you can get back to me on that, I will give it my best shot, though I may have more questions for you.

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com

Re: Invalid recurrence pattern. Retrieval of named days excepts day type of Named. Actual value was none ERROR

Billy, I have a similar problem. Occurs when I attempt to integrate with Google Calendar. The actual error says ActError2.jpg

The database was originally from an export of Act2005 and is now in Act2013. Per your provious post:

What version of Windows do you run? Win7 Pro 64bit

What version of Act! do you run? Act 2013

Is it happening on any database? Only have one

Is it happening on all contacts? Not to contacts only calendar

What are you clicking on right before this error comes up? Tools>Integrate with Google>Syncronize with Calendar.

Have you tried running database mainenance?  Tools>Database Maintenance>Check and Repair YES

Any thoughts and help would be appreciated?

Regards,

Craig

Silver Super Contributor

That error message is caused by bad data on one or more activity records.  You will need to get database services to fix it for you or an ACT! Certified Consultant who is able to fix it for you to do it.  It has to be fixed by editing the SQL database directly.  It can't be fixed from inside ACT!.  If you would like me to fix it for you contact me offline or send me a private email.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!