Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Invalid processor state. Processor not currently in a transaction.

Invalid processor state. Processor not currently in a transaction.

I have ACT! Pro 2012 version 14.1.108.0, Hot Fix 4

I am cleaning up the database as it has many duplicate entries (a long story).  I have deleted hundreds of entries/lines/contacts.

For a few entries I have the following message:

"Invalid processor state.  Processor not currently in a transaction."

I found instructions to change the date and have done so. 

The date formats (for the computer per instructions found elsewhere on the community board) are:  

Short Date:     MM/dd/yyyy

Long Date:     dddd, dd MMMM, yyyy

the separator is ":" (colon) and the AM and PM symbols are used

Closed out everything and rebooted.  Still getting the error message when trying to deleted several different entries.

How to fix this?

Thank you.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Invalid processor state. Processor not currently in a transaction.

Hello LBailey,
Those settings may still be a little off. See this Knowledgebase article for more information:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2743...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

That is the reference I used already.

I closed all applications and went back and tried some incorrect settings.  Then tried the ones in the reference again.

Still didn't work.

I have it set to:

I have Windows 7 Professional.

The referenced Short Date Format of MM/DD/YYYY is NOT available.  The closest is the MM/dd/yyyy as shown above.

What to do now?

Have you run database maintenance? Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair. Does this happen in the demo database (ACT2012Demo) as well?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Yes - I have run Database Maintenance - and just did so again

I have deleted around 2300 entries with no problem (thank God) and only have a few less that 50 - maybe less than 25 - that will not delete.

Those are where the     "Invalid processor state.  Processor not currently in a transaction."     message appears.

I have rebooted and that doesn't help either.

I just tried deleting from ACT2012Demo and had no trouble.  But if the percentage were the same as in the current database I would have to delete 2/3 of the database to find the 1-2% that have a problem.

ACT is hosted on my computer and shared with one other user.  The contacts are syncronized between the computuers.  No problems with that.

It is also "connected" to Outlook so the contacts can syncronize there.  The syncronization is set for every 30 minutes.  I'm not sure if that is working.  I have tried to syncronize with Outlook today and it is working now (though failed 3-4 times earlier today.)  Sync from ACT to Outlook and from Outlook to ACT finally worked.

What to do now?

What type of records are the ones you can't delete (the 25-50 you mentioned)? Contacts, activities, opportunities. etc? You said you were deleting all types of records.

Greig Hollister

Contacts

Silver Super Contributor

Try d/MMM/yyyy for the short date.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Thank you for the suggestion but that is not a choice and it does not give me a way to format as I wish.

This are the choices:

Silver Super Contributor

From reading some of the articles about this issue I would guess that the issue is either a date field with invalid data in it that can't be shoehorned into a date display (ie. contains alphabetic characters like 10/A9/2012) or a missing record manager record.

The way I would try to solve it is to create an empty database, export just your users to that database and then export all contacts to the new database and see if that resolved the problem.  Another option would be to have someone that does ACT! database repairs take a look at it or send it to the ACT! Database Services group.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!