Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Invalid Act tier Information - contact Sage Technical support (haha haha)

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Invalid Act tier Information - contact Sage Technical support (haha haha)

Downloaded ActReader an unzipped it. Ran the program and get the error "Invalid Act tier information. Running Act! Pro version 16 and windows 7. Tried downloading other versions of Act!Reader and also running it as administrator, but still get the same error. Does the .exe have to be in a particular folder? Or does it not work with Pro even though the instructions says it does?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author andylecap
‎03-03-2016 09:17 AM
Administrator

Re: Invalid Act tier Information - contact Sage Technical support (haha haha)

Hi Andy,

I'm afraid we don't offer any direct support for ActReader. I'm not familiar with the particular error you've posted.

What exactly are you trying to do?
There are other methods of connecting an Act database to an external tool, such as OLEDB connections, as detailed in this Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25186/

Again we do not offer any direct support for this.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author andylecap
‎03-03-2016 09:17 AM
Administrator

Hi Andy,

I'm afraid we don't offer any direct support for ActReader. I'm not familiar with the particular error you've posted.

What exactly are you trying to do?
There are other methods of connecting an Act database to an external tool, such as OLEDB connections, as detailed in this Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25186/

Again we do not offer any direct support for this.
Administrator

I've just learned that the ActReader does indeed only work with Act Premium.
Where did you see that it worked with Pro?

I learned it works with Pro in the administrator guide at

http://kb.act.com/ci/fattach/get/15768/0/filename/Administrator%27s+Guide+to+the+ActReader+Utility.p...

it says the following:

"Note: ACT! by Sage Premium for Workgroups 2005 or 2006 may be referred to as ACT! Professional for Workgroups outside of the United States and Canada."

However given the error message I suspect that there is an issue with compatibility with our version.

We are wanting to have read only access to Act! contacts in an Access database, I have just discovered the code for using OLEDB rather than ODBC on the developer forum.  Also from your suggestion I see that it is possible to link to it easily via Excel.  I will give it a go, thank you very much for taking the time to respond to me, as I was getting quite frustrated and now I am able to move on.

Administrator

No Problem!

The wording on the note is a little confusing. Essentially it means It's only compatible with Act Premium, which may be referred to as ACT! Professional for Workgroups. This is different to Act Professional, which is not compatible.