Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Internet Mail problem - ACT! 2010 - Test Connection fails, able to send but not receive email.

Internet Mail problem - ACT! 2010 - Test Connection fails, able to send but not receive email.

[ Edited ]

I am puzzled.

I have tried many times to configure my internet mail through ACT! 2010 to no avail.

I completed the set-up wizard. No probs.

When I click the "Test Connection" link the following results constantly come up:

Establish Network ConnectionComplete

Log onto outgoing mail server (SMTP)Failed

Log onto incoming mail server (POP3)Failed

Send test email messageFailed

I did, however, click on an email address of a contact, prepare & send, with success I might add, an email.

Multiple attempts at receiving emails get nothing.

I am puzzled that the "Test" on the outgoing server "Failed" but I can send. 

Why can I not receive email from my internet mail server?

BTW I use the secureserver email system.

Thanks - Frank

[edit: Subject edited to match topic]

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Internet Mail problem - ACT! 2010 - Test Connection fails, able to send but not receive email.

Hello Frank,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. ACT! Email is limited to only connecting to the standard mail ports of 25 for outgoing mail (SMTP) and 110 for incoming mail (POP3). If you mail provider uses ports other than these, ACT! Email cannot connect to it. An alternative would be to setup your email in Outlook (if have it), then have ACT! connect to Outlook. Please see KB Article 22985 for more information.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.