Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Internet Mail doesn't work

Copper Contributor

Internet Mail doesn't work

ACT! 2008 Premium EX, setup internet mail and when I go to check the mail it receives them and then says "saving messages" and then ACT Email shuts down.  If I try to open email again I get an error about ACT cannot find any installed email carriers...  It happens in the demo database so I know it's not the database.
Bronze Contributor

Re: Internet Mail doesn't work

John it sounds like your preferences are the problem.

From the Start menu and run type in ACTdiag and from the tools menu select to delete the preferences and then reopen and reset your preferences.

Once you have set your preferences close ACT and wait 10 secs for them to be written to file. Reopen ACT and if the preferences are not set correctly then the problem is most likely with your Windows Profile or a corruption in the database and you may need to speak with Database Services.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I had actually deleted the profile and recreated but it doesn't work on any profile on the computer and I doubt every profile has a problem.  Also happens with every database including the demo so I doubt corruption is the issue.
Bronze Contributor

Generally the preferences are not database specific but login specific. If you log in as Administrator account for the machine does it still happen?

The other thing to check would be permissions in the registry to make sure that you have write permissions to the registry otherwise I would try a reinstall to see if that resolves.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.