Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Internet Email conversion

Internet Email conversion

[ Edited ]

I use Act 2006 (ver 8) with Act's Internet Mail as my email client. I have used Internet Mail for 5 years and have thousands of emails saved.

Is there a "process" to transfer those saved emails to another client (i.e. Outlook maybe?) compatible with IMAP and then upload to Gmail?

Would this be as easy as installing Outlook on my PC setting up Outlook to "see" my Internet Mail folders and then IMAP Outlook to Gmail? 

Thanks for the help!

Michael

Message Edited by MichaelCPA on 07-29-2008 07:45 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Internet Email conversion

Messages in the ActEmailMessageStore database (this is where ACT! Email messages are kept) can be moved to Outlook using the following process:

- In ACT, go to Tools/Preferences/Email/Email System Setup

- In the email setup wizard, choose both Internet Mail and Outlook...complete the wizard

- Open ACT! Email and you should have mailboxes for both your internet mail account and Outlook

- Move the messages from one mailbox to another by dragging and dropping them

There is no known method moving these messages in bulk to another system other than Outlook.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Highlighted

Re: Internet Email conversion

[ Edited ]

ghollister,

Thanks for the info. I set-up as you indicated. And I can drag messages over to my Outlook folders and then move to Gmail. It works but seems to crash the Internet Mail client at random times when moving from Internet Mail to Outlook, but never from Outlook to Gmail. Sometimes when moving plain emails and sometimes emails with attachments.

Any suggestions?

Michael

Message Edited by michaelcpa on 08-13-2008 06:54 AM