Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Internal Fields NOT Updating when Recording History (i.e. Letter Date, Last Meeting, Last Reached)

Internal Fields NOT Updating when Recording History (i.e. Letter Date, Last Meeting, Last Reached)

Sage Pro2012, Version 14.1.108; shared database (all having the same problem), Windows 7 Operating system. If it's a scheduled activity (i.e. a meeting on the calendar that we eventually clear), the "Last Meeting" field will update. But if we try to Record History (of a call or a letter etc.) either for one contact or multiple contacts, while the notation will appear under the History for that client, the INTERNAL FIELD won't update. So we can't really trust those fields as accurate, can't run look-ups or reports on them ... what gives?

Re: Internal Fields NOT Updating when Recording History (i.e. Letter Date, Last Meeting, Last Reached)

We are experiencing a similar problem.  Using the very same version of ACT, we find that sometimes the Last Meeting field will update and then other times it does not.  You can see the meeting in history, but the Last Meeting field will not update.  The only way we have been able to get the field to update is to go in and create a new meeting in history and the last meeting field will update.  This is not a solution and we are concerned that we can't rely upon the Last Meeting field either.

Re: Internal Fields NOT Updating when Recording History (i.e. Letter Date, Last Meeting, Last Reached)

I call them "internal fields" ... maybe they are called "system fields" -- either way, it's not working as it's supposed to and I haven't decided if it's a bug in our database or what. The fact that you're experiencing similar makes me wonder if there are others as well. No reply from the Sage folks to my original post. I'm not sure how to apply "Hotfixes" but I also wonder if we need that done as well. So, still frustrated with that issue here ... if you figure anything out, let me know -- I'll do the same.

I have been going into ACT and telling it to look for updates and it comes back and says that there are none.  However, you got me thinking.  I went into Sages web site and found their download page and I can see that they have a SP1 version along with hot fixes as early as last month.  So I suspect our version of ACT is out dated and we need to get the SP1 version installed to get the latest version. 

I am attempting this now and will let you know what I discover.  Here is the download page I found.   http://download.act.com/support/downloads/Sage-ACT-Pro-2012-Product-Downloads.html

I attempted to install the SP1 version and the install said I already had that version running.  So I installed the Hot fix 6 version and it went through so now my version reads Pro 2012 Version 14.1.108.0, Hot Fix 6. 

I will have to run tests to see if this fixes the issue of the Last Meeting not updating correctly.

I'll be curious if it fixes anything ... I've yet to try the same ...