Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Intermittent issues connecting to ACT! Premium v 21 database...

Highlighted

Intermittent issues connecting to ACT! Premium v 21 database...

[ Edited ]

Hello, ACT! forum.

My first time posting here.

We have a client with ACT! Premium version 21.0.295.0 Update 4 installed on his laptop. Plus SQL version 2014. Windows 10.

He's been having a set of issues connecting to the database and it's happened a few times in the last 6 months.

It first started last December when the client opened ACT! and attempted to connect to the remote database and was prompting for a password when it didn't have one (???) We resolved that by doing a reboot of the computer and then it connected again. (Note: this was before upgrading to WIndows 10).

Then in March, the same thing happened and we resolved it by phoning into ACT! support and they told us to close ACT!, restart the SQL service and then ACT! was able to open again without issues.

Once again in April, the same thing happened, the client tried to run an SQL service restart batch file but it wasn't done properly, I ended up remoting into his computer, created a new batch file to restart the SQL service and then it worked.

The ACT! support agent told me this is because of SQL server and Windows updates.

The question I have is... is there something that can be done as a more permanent fix to this intermittent issue or is this just something we'll have to live with? I have already set options for SQL server to restart the service if failed on first and second and subsequent attempts.

Thanks in advance!!!

Highlighted

Re: Intermittent issues connecting to ACT! Premium v 21 database...

Re-bumping this topic? Does anyone have an answer or advice? Thanks in advance!