Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Interested Buyer Questions

Interested Buyer Questions

Hi there,

I've searched through the forums a bit and did a forum search for some answers, and actually found a few.  For the questions I didn't find answers, I'm hoping someone here can help me out. 

My company is a fairly small company and we would only have maybe 3 or 4 users of Act.  Basically 2 salesmen and 2 admin personnel plus a network computer.

1) Is ACT like Quickbooks in that you can purchase a single copy and then buy licenses as you need them, or do you have to buy a copy for every computer? (Example: Buy the copy for the network computer and then buy 4 licenses and use that previously purchased copy to install the software.)

2) Someone at the company has already used ACT and loved it, however mentioned that every computer using ACT has to be using the same OS.  As this seemed to be a little ridiculous and smelled of misinformation, I just want to double check here.  I assume he meant that everyone needs to be using the same version of ACT. (Example:  I have Windows 7, 2 computers are on Vista, and 1 has XP)

I guess those are my only questions.  I'm trying really hard to sell ACT to my employer rather than using something like MailChimp.  Let's hope this works out.

Thanks in advance to any responses to my questions.

Silver Contributor

Re: Interested Buyer Questions

ACT is licensed by the person  the ot by the computer.  Every person needs a license.  Also, ACT does NOT require that each computer have the same OS, but that each computer have a supported OS (http://www.act.com/products/system/2011/pro/)

Let me know if you have further questions of if you need help getting started.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Re: Interested Buyer Questions

Thank you for the quick response.  Additionally, are the licenses the same price as the full retail software price, or is there a discount for licenses?  Thanks