Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Insurance agency contacts vs companies

Copper Contributor

Insurance agency contacts vs companies

New user here.  I want to setup ACT to track direct mail and contact info for insurance prospects.  I will import lists of specific types of customers such as manufacturers, contractors, etc.  We will then call to get renewal dates for their policies.  We then want to do a series of mailers customized to each class of business, then call 90 days before the renewal of their policy.  I know I need to setup custom fields. Here is my question: The renewal date I understand is an annual event, which can only be tracked in contact screen, not companies, so I need to setup a company (with policy expiration date) as a contact?  Example: ABC Contractors Policies expire December.  Joe Smith is the insurance contact.  All this must be setup on contact screen?  Then I can setup groups of contacts such as contractors expiring in december so I can do customized mailers to them.  I also understand that I cannot make groups of companies. Only groups of contacts. I sincerely appreciate any ideas or advise you can provide to me.