Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Installing and using act 2009 version 11 on a windows 7 peer to peer network

Tuned Listener

Installing and using act 2009 version 11 on a windows 7 peer to peer network

I have act 2009 version 11 installed on a windows 7 peer to peer network with 3 users.  It was oringinally installed on an XP machine with 2 addition windows 7 users and everyone was able to access the datadase with no problem.  Now that I have moved the database to a windows 7 machine only the machine with the database can use it.  I copied the new PAD fileto the other machinesI created the share on the main machine but I am still not able to open the file,  It says in can not accees the file.  I also setup firewall exceptions.  What am i doing wrong or what else do  I need to do?

Employee

Re: Installing and using act 2009 version 11 on a windows 7 peer to peer network

I'm not sure there is going to be a resolution to this other than changing O/S or your version of Act since 2009 isn't compatible with Windows 7.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Tuned Listener

Re: Installing and using act 2009 version 11 on a windows 7 peer to peer network

The client was able to run act and access the database from 2 machines that are Windows 7 Home edition, but the database was stored on sn XP Machine.

Will it work in compatability mode?

Thanks for the help

Nickel Super Contributor

Be sure to check:

1. The ACT! database is set to be shared

2. Windows Firewall is turned off on both computers and host computer.

3. Make sure the users have full read/write access to the folder where the database is located on the host machine.  Make sure the client can browse to that folder and create and save in that folder.

4. One more thing (I've seen this once before).  The new computer had the exact same name on the network as the client computer.  It won't work if that's the case.

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com