Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Installing SQL 2000 on Terminal Server

Installing SQL 2000 on Terminal Server

We are running Terminal Services on a Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition Server.  When I try to install CD 2 with SQL 2000 on the server I receive the following message:

Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installation failed.  A possible reason may be that you do not have full control permissions to the HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL registry key.

I am logged into the server as a domain administrator.  I have added the domain administrator account to the registry key but I still receive the same message.  I have also logged into the server as the local admim and still receive the message. If I insert my SQL CD the installation proceeds fine.

I am trying to install ACT Premium for Workgroups 2006.

Thanks

Bronze Contributor

Re: Installing SQL 2000 on Terminal Server

The version you are trying to install was not designed to go on terminal server. the said I have done this but the problem is a Microsoft issues not particularly an ACT issue as you probable already have SQL installed and what you may need to do is to manually create the SQL instance (there are articles in the knowledge base about this) and then you should be able to install ACT.

Disk 2 is purely a replication of the Microsoft install for SQL and you might also try go the the Microsoft KBand put in the error as in the past there have been a number of responses for this.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Platinum Elite Contributor

You need to install directly onto the server, not in a TS client

You should also read these ACT! Knowledge Base articles - http://tinyurl.com/6x8nrt and http://tinyurl.com/5sltse

Bronze Contributor

Michael I think you need to reread your post how do you install to the TS client as it is on the remote machine you can only install to the server?
Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Platinum Elite Contributor