Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Installing Act Link 3.2 ACT! 2008

Installing Act Link 3.2 ACT! 2008

[ Edited ]

I'm running ACT! 2008 10.0, Quickbooks 2007, QuickBook Act link 3.2, XP sp4

Actlink directions tell you to click the "Accounting Link"  in ACT!. OK sounds clear enough, but where the heck is that link?

I've gone through the proceedure a few times installing Actlink in order with Quickbooks, even unistalling Actlink rebooting and reinstalling, installing, uninsalling Quickbooks! Actlink seems to be doing "something" when its installing but it sure isnt talking to QB or Act!. Can someone shed a little light on this problem for me?

Message Edited by scbron on 12-12-2008 05:12 PM
Message Edited by scbron on 12-13-2008 09:29 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Installing Act Link 3.2 ACT! 2008

Thanks for the reply Mike. Yup I followed the install procedures. The tab that's suppose to be in Act! tabs that's says Account link/QuickBooks never shows up so cannot continue the setup. Does Actlink 3.2 work with the latest ACT! 2008 & QuickBooks 2007 updates? Because I updated first then tried to install actlink.

Depends on which QB 2007 (don't think it works with Enterprise). See this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

ACT! Link for use with QuickBooks® Compatibility Chart

You might try making sure you have 3.2.1 and not 3.2 from this article - http://tinyurl.com/5s3xyq

Did you launch QB first and login as an Admin?

Then start ACT!

Do you have the Accounting Link Menu? If not, try http://tinyurl.com/6e554t (obviously the last part of the folder will be 10, not 8)

Also, don't think it runs under Vista if that's relevant

I haven't used it as the QB link only supports US version of QB.... we're actually writing our own link (hopefully release in May) with int'l support and heaps of extra functions.

I finally got the Quickbooks tab to show up after starting fresh, installing Actlink as per directions, then a hard boot. But I a recieve an error when I try to set up the link. (An unhandled exception has occured in actlink 2.0 for use with quickbooks (80040408 (error=1032 Click ok to continue.)

Of course I can't continue. BTW Actlink verion is 3.2.1

Thanks for all the help.

My only conclusion to this point is that this software does not work. Even though the compatabilty charts say it will. After many lost hours of fiddling with this buggy and useless one hundred dollar software, the only thing I have to show for it is a charge on CC.

You should contact support... they might be able to help as it's an installation issue.

I wish I could help more, but despite Sage Australia telling us we'd have a link for QB since v8.0... I don't have one to look at

Mike

How do I go about contacting support? It does not seem very obvious unless I buy support.