Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Installing Act 2009

Copper Contributor

Installing Act 2009

[ Edited ]

I am about to install Act 2009 on our server, so as  not to mess up the Act 2006 version which is there at present and to give me breathinfg space to design customised layouts etc is there any way I can install it beside the old program so I can test it and make sure everything is working before I go live

<Content edit:  Please keep it courteous.>

Message Edited by dlunceford on 04-09-2009 09:16 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Installing Act 2009

Hi Graham,

there is no way I know of to install ACT!2009 (v11.x) and ACT!2006 (v8.x) on the same machine.

ACT! v6 is able to co-exist with a later version however.

One of my clients had a similar situation, so they installed ACT!2009 onto a workstation, setup layouts, added new fields etc until they were happy with it, then imported the data from ACT!2008, installed ACT!2009 on their server and moved the database from the workstation to the server.

Hope that helps, Ben. 

Copper Contributor

Thanks for your message, I did check with Sage just now and they confirmed that Act 6 & Act 11 can be on the same machine, just to clarify the procedure I can install the program on my PC which has Act 6 on it play around with it till I am happy with it without affecting anythng else, the actual database is on the server and each machine has the program installed on it,  maybe I am getting to uptight about this
Bronze Super Contributor

No problem Graham, when it is your data that has taken years to accumulate, a bit of paranoia is healthy.

Ben. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

The only issue with having 6.0 and 11.x on the same machine is that only the last one installed can be connected to Outlook.