Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Installing Act 2009

Installing Act 2009

I am trying to install Act 2009.  I was actually using a free trial for Act 2007 before, and had started a database.  Now, I am trying to install 2009 but right before it looks to finish installing it is "rolling back action" and giving me an "Error Code: 1603 Fatal Error During Installation".  Can anyone help??
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Installing Act 2009

What version of Windows are you using?

This error is a general install failure and may be the result of some leftover files from the previous installation of ACT! 2007.  Try running the ACT! Uninstaller found in the following the Knowledgebase article:

How to Use the ACT! Uninstaller.exe file

Then, before rebooting, do manual cleanup of ACT! 2007 and 2009 per the steps in these Knowledgebase articles:

How to Manually Remove ACT! By Sage 2007 (9.0) and ACT! By Sage Premium for Workgroups 2007 (9.0)

How to Manually Remove ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) and ACT! by Sage Premium 2009 (11.0)

Also, make sure you are signed into your computer with local adminstrative rights.  You can determine this by following the steps in this article:

How to Determine If You Have Local Administrative Rights in Windows® 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.