Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Installing ACT on new machine

Installing ACT on new machine

I am trying to install Act on a new machine. I have the cd's to install 2006 version 8, which had mutiple errors and didn't fully install on a pc with Windows XP. I received the link to download 2008, which I tried, but it also did not fully install. I was also unable to UN-INSTALL!. Out of frustration, I tried manually deleting some ACT files which made matters worse. Now get a variety of errors on startup and still unable to install either version. 

Is this the right step to try next?

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1363...=

PS should I install the cd version of 2006 first then the downloaded link to 2008? (that’s what originally got me into this mess?)

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Installing ACT on new machine

Hello artiststudio,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. If you have the installation and serial number for ACT! 2008, do not even bother to install ACT! 2006. And also do not follow the KB to install SQL 2000, as ACT! 2008 does not use that version. The best bet would be to do a manual removal of ACT! 2006 and SQL 2000, reboot then do a clean install of ACT! 2008 (which will also install SQL 2005). Please see KB Article 15285 for instriuctions to remove 2006.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.