Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Installing ACT 2013 on SQL Server 2011

Installing ACT 2013 on SQL Server 2011

Hi.

I have a client with ACT2013, who wants to install it on their server: it's a SBS 2011 server, running SQL server.

If I read the docs right, ACT 2013 will install an instance of SQL server 2008; if we want it to use the existing SQL server infrastructure, we would need to upgrade to V16. Is that correct?

Thanks

Edwin

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Installing ACT 2013 on SQL Server 2011

Hi Edwin

ACT2013 needs SQL2008R2 express or Standard. ACT16.1 can work with SQL2012

Installing ACT on the DC (active Directory) is not recomended.

installing ACT on the same server like exchange, can be problematic, as exchange is using quite freqently 100% of the Processor rescources, and eating up all memory. ACT users will see delays and short "freeze situations"

installing ACT for Web on the SBS2011 is a nogo, as you will face issus with the owa / ACT website.

regards

Ingo Lange

www.crmaddon.com

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040

Hi Ingo,

Thanks for that - it's as I suspected, only worse.

Edwin

Copper Contributor

Ingo, do you think it is possible to get OWA to work on SBS2011 if you move APFW from the Default Web Site? This of course presumes you can reverse the correct settings that Act has put in during the install. As far as we can tell right now, the install has broken the existing OWA configuration and we would like to get it working again but leave Act in place. These all-in-one servers are problematic.

Cheryl Campbell
Denver Solutions Group
Copper Contributor

All is well. I moved APFW and APFWOutlookSrvc to a new web site to get it away from the fragile OWA etc and all is well. Sharepoint is in its own web site as well so no issues there. This is all with v17.

Cheryl Campbell
Denver Solutions Group