Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Installing ACT! 2011 Premium (web) on to windows 7 home

Installing ACT! 2011 Premium (web) on to windows 7 home

Hello, Can anyone help me? I have check everything and all seems okay.

but still an error comes up saying Sage ACT! is not compatible with this operating system.

Can you tell me how i check I have the correct system; I have installed this on to 5 pc's now and had no problems!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Installing ACT! 2011 Premium (web) on to windows 7 home

[ Edited ]

Hello Andreaempower,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Unfortunately, the web versions of ACT! cannot be installed on the Home versions of Windows as those operating systems do not have a compatible version of Internet Information Services (IIS), which is required to host and manage the website. You will need to install the web version on a Pro or higher operating system.

Also, you mentioned you installed the web version on 5 machines. With the web version, you need only install that on one machine, which acts as the web server and the database host. The other machines would only need to have the Premium (non-web) version installed and can access the database via ACT! or via the web through the web server that has ACT! for Web installed.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.