Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Installing ACT 2008

Installing ACT 2008

When I went to install ACT 2008 when it got to the place where it was to install I got a message that said: ACT cannot be installed in a compressed folder. Please choose a different folder that is not compressed. The program installation is the one who created and chose the folder. What to do?
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Installing ACT 2008

Most likely you have the drive compressed and any folder created on that drive would be compressed.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Copper Contributor

I would like to advise you -- dont bother installing it -- If your having problems at the install level you will definatly have problems:

Importing any previous databases (good luck properly importing excel or tab files - oh ACT will do it -- but it wont be smooth)

Good Luck on running reports, (you think youve selected the correct criteria and your reoport comes up empty) good luck on adding Companies and Divisions.......

Good Luck getting concrete answers from this forum --- a few help out very diligently --- but many of your posts will go un ansered 

Good Luck

Copper Elite Contributor

1) right click on c drive, goto properties uncheck compressed drive to save disk space

a pop up will appear, select compress c:\ drive alone

2) goto c:\program files , follow the same steps mentioned above

you should be able to install act

Thanks everyone...got it installed !!