Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Installing ACT! 2006

Installing ACT! 2006

My Windows Operating System broke down.  So, I'm having to re-install everything (word, excel, outlook, and ACT).  When I put my ACT installation CD in and try to install, I get the following message:

"The program feature "\??\D:\SETUP.EXE" cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows.  Please contact software vendor to ask if a 64-bit Windows compatible version is available."

Can anyone help me with what I can/should be doing?  Thanks for anyone that can help.

Jason

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Installing ACT! 2006

[ Edited ]

Hello Jason,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Unfortunately, you are not going to be able to install ACT! 2006 on a 64-bit operating system. In addition, ACT! 2006 is not supported on Windows Vista or Window 7 systems either. For your O/S, you will need to upgrade to the current version of ACT! (2012), or at least to ACT! 2011 (if using Office 2010).

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks Greig.  Not the answer I was hoping for, but I appreciate the response.  My next question is this.  I was able to save my ACT databases.  They are still on my computer.  Is there a way for me to access these ACT databases without reinstalling the ACT software? 

How can I get to my contact information that is on my databases at this point?  Thanks Greig,

Jason

Employee

The best avenue would be to install ACT! on another PC and restore the database, at that point you'd be able to either export the data to excel (most of it) or access the data via an ODBC or OLEDB connection. Unfortunately I don't believe you'll be able to access the data in either of those methods without ACT! installed and you'd need the premium version of this particular product to have access to the data via ODBC.

Alternatively, if you were interested, you could purhcase a current version of ACT! install it on your PC and then update your database to the current version. 

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator