Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Installed Windows 10, Now Act 16 PRO is crashing everytime I click on the Documents Tab

Highlighted
Skilled Commentator

Re: Installed Windows 10, Now Act 16 PRO is crashing everytime I click on the Documents Tab

I think I got the information out with Crystal Reports, which can be exported to a file.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: Installed Windows 10, Now Act 16 PRO is crashing everytime I click on the Documents Tab

Have a look at this youtube video - it shows you how the Cristal reports work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eD9hfVApR0

Siggi

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I tried this and it didn't work for me either.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

You said that version 16 would not be fixed because it's obsolete - HOWEVER ... the ACT website states that support for version 16 will continue until November 2016. So I should think that we can expect that these issues will be fixed for version 16 as well as version 17. Many of us just cannot afford to upgrade every year - we're too small. But others, like me I'm sure, have been using ACT for enough years that a conversion to another CRM just isn't practical either because ACT will not help by allowing export of notes and histories.

So, PLEASE, ACT ... honor your commitment to continue support for another year, and get this thing fixed.

Thanks!

Dave

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

ACT! 16 support continues through November 16 FOR THE WINDOWS VERSIONS SUPPORTED FOR VERSION 16, Windows 10 was not released during the time ACT! 16 was being sold and was not a supported operating system. That's why ACT! 16 won't be made compatible with Windows 10. ACT! 17 is the first ACT! version with Windows 10 compatibility.

Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
Highlighted

Since Act! has made the decision to not support Win10 OS on v16 then I would expect Act! TO OFFER A FREE UPGRADE or minimal cost upgrade to v17 for those of us stuck with Win10. Is this being considered by Act! management?

- Jim

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Why should they? ACT! 16 supports all versions of Windows that it was advertised to support. Please show me where they said "and all future versions of Windows." If you upgraded to Windows 10 by accepting the "free" upgrade to Windows 10, you are now finding out the true cost of free.

Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
Highlighted

Re: Installed Windows 10, Now Act 16 PRO is crashing everytime I click on the Documents Tab...

Wrong assumption Roy... It wasn't a free upgrade. I purchased a new pc with Win10 and didn't research Act! Compatibility.
Will v17 run on Win10? The act site doesn't list it under sys requirements.
Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Installed Windows 10, Now Act 16 PRO is crashing everytime I click on the Documents Tab...

Hi Jim,

To clarify, Act! v17 is supported on WIndows 10. This means our technical support teams will work with you on any issues encountered, and we'll investigate and log any defects encountered. You won't be refused support.

An important distinction here is that Act! v17 is not certified with Windows 10, Certification is our process of end-to-end testing of every Act! feature to ensure full compatibility. This is done during the development of major releases, and is what gets operating systems listed on our system requirements. This certification has been completed in Act! v18 for our Pro, Premium and Web products. 

Further information around compatibility, known issues and best practice with Window 10 is available from the articles below, but please let me know if you need any further clarity: -

Is Act! compatible with Windows® 10?
Known issues and workarounds for using Act! v17 and later with Windows 10

What are the best practices for using Act! v17 and later with Windows 10?

Best regards,

Stuart

Highlighted
Skilled Commentator

Just installed the latest Windows 10 update (a big one release yesterday) and the Documents Tab and opening the attached documents are now working! No thanks to the ACT team. (Note ACT! Prem) Maybe someone else can verify is the Pro version is working.