Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply

Installed Windows 10, Now Act 16 PRO is crashing everytime I click on the Documents Tab

Copper Contributor
Posts: 5
Country: USA

Installed Windows 10, Now Act 16 PRO is crashing everytime I click on the Documents Tab

I have multiple computers with ACT.  Everyone else is operating fine.  I upgraded my computer to Windows 10 and the first day no issues.  However, today, my ACT crashes every single time I click on the documents tab.  It just crashes and I have to restart it.  I can use every other aspect of ACT but I cannot access the documents tab.

 

I tested and all other machines work fine (none of which upgraded to windows 10). 

 

I have loaded a dummy database and it crashes when I click on documents tab.  Permissions are fine (full control on the document directory).


No clue what is going on.  Do I need to uninstall the windows 10 upgrade and go back to windows 7? 

 

Administrator
Posts: 262
Country: USA

Re: Installed Windows 10, Now Act 16 PRO is crashing everytime I click on the Documents Tab

Hi Cyrushdh,

 

Thank you for submitting your post. The exprience you are having with the documents tab is currently being worked on here at Act! We will provide updates as soon as we are able.

Please review the knowledgebase article's listed below for additional questions related to Act! & Windows 10.

 

Is Act! compatible with Wndows 10: http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38167/kw/windows%2010

 


What are the known issues and workarounds for using Act! v17 and later with Windows 10: http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38171/kw/windows%2010

 

What are the known issues and workarounds for using Act! v17 and later with Windows 10: http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38170/kw/windows%2010

 

 

Thank you,

Brittany Roberts

Brittany Roberts
Act! Digital Specialist
Copper Contributor
Posts: 5
Country: USA

Re: Installed Windows 10, Now Act 16 PRO is crashing everytime I click on the Documents Tab

I restored to windows 7 and it fixed the problem.  Will just wait on windows 10 until ACT fixes the issue. 

Copper Contributor
Posts: 22
Country: United_Kingdom

Re: Installed Windows 10, Now Act 16 PRO is crashing everytime I click on the Documents Tab

[ Edited ]

Hi,

          Can the Act! Support team please confirm that a fix will be provide for V16. If no prix will be provided for V16, then I will have to look for an alternative CRM program or upgrade to the latest version of Act!

 

Thanks

Siggi

Administrator
Posts: 262
Country: USA

Re: Installed Windows 10, Now Act 16 PRO is crashing everytime I click on the Documents Tab


ingassos wrote:

Hi,

          Can the Act! Support team please confirm that a fix will be provide for V16. If no prix will be provided for V16, then I will have to look for an alternative CRM program or upgrade to the latest version of Act!

 

Thanks

Siggi


Hi ingassos,

 

We are currently working to resolve the known issues with Act! V 17 and our future releases. To view our known issues or other documents related to Windows 10 click the links below.

 

Is Act! compatible with Windows® 10? http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38167/kw/windows%2010

 

What are the known issues and workarounds for using Act! v17 and later with Windows 10. http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38170/kw/windows%2010 

 

 

Thank you,

Brittany Roberts

Brittany Roberts
Act! Digital Specialist
Copper Contributor
Posts: 5
Country: USA

Re: Installed Windows 10, Now Act 16 PRO is crashing everytime I click on the Documents Tab

OK.  Your post was a complete obfuscation.  Is there going to be a fix for VERSION 16 and the issue described in this post or not?  The question asks for a simple yes or no answer -and frankly, my business depends on the answer.  I recently installed several NEW computers running Windows 10 (so there is NO OPTION TO DOWNGRADE to Windows 7) and am using Act! Pro 16 on many computers.  Upgrading to Act! 17 would be problematic.  I can WAIT for a solution if I know one is being worked on, but I cannot WAIT if I can't verify that there is at least a potential for a fix.

 

Please let US know....

 

Thanks!

Administrator
Posts: 262
Country: USA

Re: Installed Windows 10, Now Act 16 PRO is crashing everytime I click on the Documents Tab


mjolah wrote:

OK.  Your post was a complete obfuscation.  Is there going to be a fix for VERSION 16 and the issue described in this post or not?  The question asks for a simple yes or no answer -and frankly, my business depends on the answer.  I recently installed several NEW computers running Windows 10 (so there is NO OPTION TO DOWNGRADE to Windows 7) and am using Act! Pro 16 on many computers.  Upgrading to Act! 17 would be problematic.  I can WAIT for a solution if I know one is being worked on, but I cannot WAIT if I can't verify that there is at least a potential for a fix.

 

Please let US know....

 

Thanks!


Hi mjolah,

 

At this time anything Act! V 16 is not planned to be fixed. We are working on the known issues but do not have a timeline on when that will be completed. I am going to update this board once more information is released or fixes made. 

 

Thank you, 
Brittany Roberts

Brittany Roberts
Act! Digital Specialist
Copper Contributor
Posts: 5
Country: USA

Re: Installed Windows 10, Now Act 16 PRO is crashing everytime I click on the Documents Tab

Thank you!

Copper Contributor
Posts: 22
Country: United_Kingdom

Re: Installed Windows 10, Now Act 16 PRO is crashing everytime I click on the Documents Tab

Based on that reply from Act! they might or might not fix the problem in V16. I will now start to look for an alternate CRM application. I know they say Act! V16 is no longer supported, but I would like to think that the fix for V17 will be the same fix for V16. 


When will Act! give a projected delivery time for sorting this problem in V17?

 

Every other company has a projected delivery date for software releases and fixes! Even Microsoft!

 

Siggi

Administrator
Posts: 262
Country: USA

Re: Installed Windows 10, Now Act 16 PRO is crashing everytime I click on the Documents Tab


ingassos wrote:

Based on that reply from Act! they might or might not fix the problem in V16. I will now start to look for an alternate CRM application. I know they say Act! V16 is no longer supported, but I would like to think that the fix for V17 will be the same fix for V16. 

 

When will Act! give a projected delivery time for sorting this problem in V17?

 

Every other company has a projected delivery date for software releases and fixes! Even Microsoft!

 

Siggi


Hi Siggi,

 

Our development team is working on these known issues at the moment. I will check in with them today and see if there is an est timeframe and post back here.

 

Thank you,
Brittany Roberts

Brittany Roberts
Act! Digital Specialist