Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Installation Problem

Installation Problem

This happens when I try to install ACT pro 2009:

ACT! Installer has detected that the ACT7 instance is either not running or disabled.\n\nSystem.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
   at PrereqCommon.SQLMethods.HardReset(String strSecurityCmdLnApp, String ACTPath)
   at PrereqCommon.SQLMethods.InstallSQL2005(String SourcePath, String ACTPath, String Param, String strSAPWD, Boolean InstallSP)
   at PrereqCommon.SQLMethods.PrepareAndInstallSQL2005(String strSrcPath, String strSQLPath, String strACTPath, String strSQLAccount, String strSQLCollation, Boolean IsSPNeeded)

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Installation Problem

Hello Melteague,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

If you have no other programs on the computer using Microsoft SQL Server, you can uninstall all components of Microsoft SQL Server, then rename the 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server' (add '-old' to the end).  Reboot the computer and attempt the installation.

Greg Martin
Sage

Please send me the procedures. How can I find MS SQL? Are you saying that the installation program don't fix this?
Platinum Super Contributor

Apparently the installation found an existing piece of MS SQL that it could not access/update.

To tell if other programs are using MS SQL, when uninstalling MS SQL through 'Add or Remove Programs' ('Programs and Features' for Win7/Vista) it will prompt you to select an instance to remove; if ACT7 is the only one listed, no other programs are using SQL > proceed with uninstall.  If others are listed, cancel the installation.

Once all Microsoft SQL components have been uninstalled, continue with the step to rename the 'C:/program files/Microsoft SQL Server' folder and reinstall.

Greg Martin
Sage