Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Installation Error 1935

Installation Error 1935

I am unable to re-install ACT! by Sage 2007 (9.0) on my work computer.

I am running Windows 2000 Professional.

I have tried all recommendations I have found in the Knowledge Base and nothing changes.

Everything appears to install until the very end and then I get the following error message.

Error 1935 An error occurred during installation of assembly policy.7.2. Act devices.UI.Custom, Version="9.0.175.0"

processor architecture+"MSIL, PublicKey Token=" EBF6B2FF4D0A0*AA, Culture="neutral" File Version="9.0.175.0"

Please refer to Help & Support for Information HRESULT: 0x80070003.

Can anyone assist me or point me in the right direction? 

Re: Installation Error 1935

Reboot the computer and attempt the installation again.  The install will pickup where it left off. 

Error 1935 is related to a Microsoft .NET Framework memory leak issue.  Newer versions of ACT! workaround the memory issue.

Thank you for your response.  I have attempted to reinstall ACT! over ten (10) times on 5 different days.  I shutdown each night and open the computer/programs new each morning.  Each time I get the same error message and it backs off the installation.

Newer versions ... I have had such poor support from ACT! since Sage became involved I will not upgrade with them.  If I can't install the system very shortly, I wil seek an alternative product.  I am lucky in that ACT is still working on my Laptop so I can export my files.

Jim 

Are you running Windows 2000 SP4 and how much RAM?

I am currently running 1GB of RAM.

Please note:  ACT! 2007 (9.0) was installed on this computer and ran without any problem from the date of purchase until about 1 month ago.  It was uninstalled at that time.  I am now attempting to reinstall it back on the computer.  In as much as I am the only one in the company using ACT!  I will install it only on my computer and not on the network.

To the best of my knowledge and that of our IT department the only thing that has changed since it was installed the first time is there is now a Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine (GESECURITY) showing up that I don't believe was there before.

Thank you,  Jim