Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Install 2010 without cd?

Install 2010 without cd?

Hello,

My father uses act database 2010 for his business and yesterday he bought a new laptop that doesn't have a cd drive. We are looking for a way to download the  program directly to his computer via Internet. He has a legal copy with product key. 

Please let me know how we can do this. 

Also, does owning a copy of this software give him access to any cloud or Internet based databases? 

Thank you. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Install 2010 without cd?

Yes it's possible to get a download of the install files. You can also copy the files from the CD you have to a flash drive and install from that on the new computer. However it may be moot question. If the new computer has Windows 8 as the operating system you'll need ACT! 2013 SP1 for compatibility with Windows 8.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

So he will have to upgrade?

If the new laptop has Windows 8, then yes ... you'll need to update ACT!

ACT! 2010 uses Microsoft SQL 2005, which Microsoft didn't make compatible with Windows 8

What do you mean by "internet based databases"?

Hello Italianblend,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. I can send you a download for ACT! 2010 if needed. However, please verify the operating system that the new machine is using, as ACT! 2010 is not supported on Windows 8.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.