Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Inserting image in email signature

Inserting image in email signature

We would like to add our logo to our email signature in ACT.  I didn't see this as an option and if I attempted to just paste it in nothing happened.  For right now we are using a work around via an email template but my boss would prefer just being able to click on the email address.  We are running ACT version 10 and our email is through Outlook2003.

Thanks!

Re: Inserting image in email signature

You will need to create the signature in Outlook.  Follow the Microsoft article linked below.

Create signatures with pictures or logos

We already have a signature created in Outlook with the logo.  When you click on the email address in ACT it opens ACT email and that signature doesn't show up.  The ACT email signature is the only that shows up.
Bronze Super Contributor

What version of Act! are you using?

In recent versions of Act! you can select Outlook as the email client.  As long as you do this, you are always just going right into your default Outlook 'New Emai'l window, same as if you were creating the email in Outlook.

Sounds to me like you have Act! set up to use the Act! Email  client instead of Outlook.  If you have at least, I think, Act! 2007, you should be able to configure directly to email from Outlook.

Check your Email preferences in Tools -> Preferences and change to Outlook email...

Copper Super Contributor

This assumes you are okay with using the Outlook client for email.  We have the same situation where use of the ACT Email client is now mandatory.  We have ACT 2009 Premium and it doesn't appear that the ACT Email client accepts images in the signature.

I suspect that this is a limitation of the ACT Email client.  I haven't checked into 2010 yet, but don't expect for this to be resolved yet since enhancements appear to take a while to implement.

ACT! 2010 allows logos in the signature - only if you create a new email template.  I have done this and end up with an error when I try to write an email  "email group contains no pages, please set the CurrentGroup of the Wizard Sheet".    Any suggestions?
Copper Contributor

What nonsense!  Now, I can't use Outlook as my email because it wont allow me to send invitations in my activity scheduler. So i only use Act email, and that seems to let me send invites.  But, I want to have a logo in my signature. 

I think my problem is related to Windows 8 and outlook 2007 and ACT 2012.

this totally sucks.  When a software company offers a product, you would think that they would want to keep up with such integrated products.  Unless, of course, you are not interested in your customers actually staying with you. 

I won't even go into the Google integration fiasco.  What the heck is wrong with you people?

The integration between Microsoft Outlook 2007 and Sage ACT! 2012 is a supported configuration, however the Windows 8 OS is not. This is because Windows 8 came out much later than Sage ACT! 2012. I can certainly understand your frustration with not being able to send activity invitations using Microsoft Outlook, but unless you’re using it in a supported environment, there’s no way of really guaranteeing that the program will function as it was designed to do. It’s possible that it may function, but again, not guaranteed. If there’s an error message that is occurring when you’re trying to send the invitation, there may be a knowledgebase article that can help you get it to work, even if it is an unsupported environment. 

As for the ability to add images to a signature using the Act Email, while that is not something that is currently possible, you could head over to http://community.act.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas/idb-p/ideas and make that a suggestion for a future version that will get submitted for voting by other users. While I can’t guarantee that this will get the feature added, we do pay attention to these suggestions, and some of them actually do make it into final releases of our program. 

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com
Copper Contributor

Thank you Elise for your response.  (I have never had one, before. I think you must be a star!)

OK, becuase you have been so kind, I will ask this question, that I really did not think I would.  Is there a version of ACT that would be able to support what I what to do?

I want to use Outlook 2007, Windows 8, swiftpage marketing, ACT Connect or Google integration.

Thanks again.

PS. BTW, I do not get a error message with the invite issue. It is just greyed out and not given as an option in the scheduling card, when Outlook is set as email editor.

You're most certainly welcome! And as for a version of Act! that would support Outlook 2007, Windows 8, Swiftpage emarketing, Act! Connect, and Google Integration: Act v16 will support all of that. 

As for the invite issue with the option being grayed out, I haven't personally run into this issue before, however I was able to find a previous post in the community that may help:

http://community.act.com/t5/Act/Send-Invitation-Emali-is-greyed-out/td-p/159168

Elise O'Pry
Swiftpage
Visit our knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com