Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Insert Excel template into a word template

Insert Excel template into a word template

I am trying to create a custom quote form with a new document template. I have inserted an excel spreadsheet into the document to list and calculate the total price of the products being quoted. The spreadsheet template in there however it does not bring formulas with it. How can I get a small live excel spread sheet into my custom quote?

Ted Pinelli   

Re: Insert Excel template into a word template

Ted Pinelli,

Welcome to the Act! Community Forum!

I just tested this out myself using Microsoft Office 2010.  I had no problem inserting an Excel Spreadsheet into a document.  From the insert tab, click Table, then select Excel Spreadsheet.  This is a live Excel window, and formulas can be brought in there.

The only issue I see is getting information from Act! to display in that Excel object has proven difficult.  I would consider turning to one of our ACC's for more information on that level of template customization.

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com

When I am in ACT (Sage ACT! Pro 2013 Version 15.0.301.0) and enter write select New letter/email template a template opens up. If I select insert from the tool bar there is no choice to select a table or excel spread sheet. The only place you can select table is under tool bar Table, insert table. When you insert the table it is not active excel. Just grid lines.

I'm not seeing the same behavior.  Which version of Office are you running?

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com
Bronze Elite Contributor

Can I recommend Advanced Excel Templates. This is better than sliced bread and will save hours of frustration and costs $69.00. I always try and find a solution within ACt before buying add-ons but for Excel integration it is not worth the hassle. Loads of my clients use this add-on and so do I. (Must get Giles to put me on commission!) Comes with a free trial period so you can try before you buy. Link below.

http://www.exponenciel.com/actaddons/actaddon.aspx?ID=112

I am using Office 2010

I will give it a shot, Thanks

Copper Contributor

I second the Advanced Excel Templates...

It works great....

Astute Commentator

I 'third' the add-on by Exponenciel!!! All the ones I have purchased and use work great. & when you need assistance they, or Giles, is GREAT to help you out!!!