Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Info won't stay

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Info won't stay

I just installed ACT 10 and so far nothing but problems!

I am trying to do a database for my husband who is in the automobile business.  I am typing away and have a field called "Year" I have it set to date and now going back looking through the database none of the years  (2001, 2005) have stayed.

What could I be doing wrong?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lynn26
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

Re: Info won't stay

In a date field you need to put in a specific date. From what you have written it looks as though you only want a year so why not have a character field where you can just type in the years 2003, 2004 etc. You could even create a drop down to pick the particular year from the list
Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lynn26
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

Re: Info won't stay

In a date field you need to put in a specific date. From what you have written it looks as though you only want a year so why not have a character field where you can just type in the years 2003, 2004 etc. You could even create a drop down to pick the particular year from the list
Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.