Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Info about ACT presentation

Copper Elite Contributor

Info about ACT presentation

Hi,

Can anybody give info about "ACT Presentation" ?

I use Abacus Calculated Fields. Few weeks ago I had a problem with ACT installation. I needed to re-install.

After that I needed to get full version of Abacus. I am using demo version now.

All other ACT partners (when necessary) sent info to re-install or register. All but "ACT Presentation".

Can any one tell if "they are still there".

Oh, by the way: YES, I sent them several e-mail messages (info@actpresentation.com) with no answer.

Thanks

Mac, Jorge A. Mac Genity
Using ACT! by Sage 2013 Pro Version 15.1.108.0, on Windows 7
Intel Core I7-2600 CPU @ 3,40 GHz
12,0 GB - 64 bits - NVidia GForce GTX 360 SE
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Info about ACT presentation

For what it's worth, here is my personal suggestion. Uninstall Abacus Calculated Fields, the same functionality is available from other add on vendors that I would trust more. I checked the www.actpresentation.com web site and there is no information about who the vendor is and the only contact information is the info email address. I further checked the Who Is for the domain name and found that the domain is registered through a third party that advertises that they mask who the actual domino owner is. I don't know about you, but I don't do business with someone that makes that much effort to hide their identity, especially when I could be installing potentially dangerous software on my system.

You might want to check the addons from www.tnhg.com, they have addons with similar functionality and they don't hide who they are.

My 2-cents worth. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Info about ACT presentation

Hello Roy,

Despite of long time after your replay (and I thank you for) I did not forgot to answer you.

I´ve being waiting for a little more time for an answer from ACT Presentation. Unfortunately there was no answer.

Abacus has an quite nice interface, good features... but no support.

Conversely I have several add-ons from Exponenciel. Exponenciel also has "Automatic Field Calculation", good support and Gilles Gavin always gives me an answer.

I have downloaded trial version and after few test I realized it does what I need and much more.

I use to visit Act forum and we all know that you also is always there.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Regards

Mac, Jorge A. Mac Genity
Using ACT! by Sage 2013 Pro Version 15.1.108.0, on Windows 7
Intel Core I7-2600 CPU @ 3,40 GHz
12,0 GB - 64 bits - NVidia GForce GTX 360 SE